Wednesday 12 September 2012

How many of you eat fruits every single day?


How many of you make it a point to eat fruits every single day?
Not me..

I love junk food -- samosas, pizza, bonda, masala vadai, dosas are yummm....
But, when it comes to fruits, my face goes all twitchy mostly because, I feel very lazy to eat one!!
Hehehe!!!

So, I have decided to eat a fruit a day.. :)

Today's fruit is Guava.

Pic taken from wiki.


Guavas are rich in dietary, vitamins A and C, folic acid, and the minerals , potassium, copper and manganese. It has low calorie profile and is said to contain four times the Vitamin C as that of Orange.

Now Let us see the uses of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is needed 
to make collagen - It is required to produce collagen in normal/increased amounts.
to protect our skin from free radical damage. 
Vitamin C is a great anti-oxidant.
But, Vitamin C is prone to oxidation and looses its efficacy. So, probably, the best way to introduce Vitamin C to our system is by taking fruits such as Guava in the diet.

Wow!! I feel so happy to have had a guava..
A smallll step towards improving my junk food habit.:) 


So, What is the most healthy food that you have today?


No comments:

Post a Comment